Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A Timeless Lesson

You think I’d learn after all this time in DBs not to take the data for granted.  Here I’ve been troubleshooting a complicated query because I had some anomalous results when it turns out that the data wasn’t categorized correctly and I spent all that time on the query for nothing.

I’m telling you this not only to remind you to not take your data for granted, but to show you that no matter who you are (like I’m anyone special) you can make these types of mistakes.  So don’t be so hard on yourself if it happens to you because truth be told, I still do far worse on a regular basis.

We also posted a new DBAs@Midnight vid here:

It’s all about how to break up with your boss when you find a new gig.

http://midnightdba.itbookworm.com/VidPages/DBAsAtMidnightBreakUpWithBoss1of4/DBAsAtMidnightBreakUpWithBoss1of4.aspx

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sean McCown
I am a Contributing Editor for InfoWorld Magazine, and a frequent contributor to SQLServerCentral.com as well as SSWUG.org. I live with my wife and 3 kids, and have practiced and taught Kenpo for 22yrs now.
View my complete profile

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Page Views