Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Typo heard 'round the world

Sometimes no matter how hard you try things just don't come together.
We had firewall issues since we switched subnets so we've been working with the firewall team to work them out.

They finally got around to punching a hole for us a couple days ago and I tested it and sent the reply: Just tested the connection and can now connect to the server. Thanks for your patience.

I then went on about my business and all was well. Then I got an email today from the firewall guy saying that he's been pulling his hair out for 2 days trying to figure out why the traffic isn't getting through, but that he's opened up a case with cisco. He just wanted to keep me in the loop.

I initially didn't know what he was talking about because we solved this issue a couple days ago. And in fact, I was in the process of calling him 10-shades of an idiot in my mind when I looked down and saw my previous email in the chain.

My email in fact said:
Just tested the connection and can not connect to the server. Thanks for your patience.

OOPS!!! Sorry dude.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sean McCown
I am a Contributing Editor for InfoWorld Magazine, and a frequent contributor to SQLServerCentral.com as well as SSWUG.org. I live with my wife and 3 kids, and have practiced and taught Kenpo for 22yrs now.
View my complete profile

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Page Views